Monday, April 4, 2011

My Tattoo & The Meanings

I got my first tattoo when I was 18 just about ready to turn 19. Cory Jex told me that if you to get a tattoo Kenzie make sure it means something to you because its permanent. It took me over a year to decide what I wanted but when I decided I knew it was perfect for me. I heard a song called tonight by FM static. This chorus is what my tattoo is. I know my daddy is in the stars when I miss him I just look up and know he's looking down at me.
"Tonight I've fallen and I can't get up
I need your loving hands to come and pick me up
And every night I miss you
I can just look up
And know the stars are
Holding you, holding you, holding you
Tonight"


My next tattoo was also for my dad. I got it when I moved down to St. George. I knew I wanted another one but I didn't know what i should get since I had already had one for my dad. But really My stars could be meant for anyone that I have lost and missed so I wanted to get something that meant more for my dad. So I decided to get a Hawaiian flower that says "A Hui Hou" which means "Til we meet again" and I tied the stars in as well. I got the a Hawaiian flower because you never saw my dad without a Hawaiian shirt on its the only thing he wore. The flower is in his favorite colors red, yellow, and blue. So this was more of my dad for me.

My final tattoo is for my best friend Cory Jex! Cory was this kid that thought we was so hard core but really he was the sweetest, loving, respectful guy I know! I was lucky to of been one of his friends. So my last tattoo that I will ever get is for him. I got sparrows holding brass knuckles and a banner with his initials. Sparrow repesents freedom and the brass knuckles just remind me of him because he always had pair of brass knuckles on him.
My tattoos may not mean anything to other people but they mean the world to me. :) I want to thank Heather and Jayson for being there for when I got my last tattoo. They held my hand through all the pain! You guys are the best! Also Thank you Marcus for doing such an amazing job on Corys tattoo. It means the world to me!

1 comment:

  1. I love all your tats and guess what... I LOVE YOU!!!
    have not talked to you in a day!! miss you!

    ReplyDelete