Monday, April 25, 2011

How Lance & Kenzie became lovers!!

It was my sophomore year at Springville High I had started the year out with horrible classes and needed to change them. I really like working with special needs kids so I switched my Spanish class to peer tutoring! The first day I walked into class I saw this tall dark haired kid and thought "WOW". I knew I shouldn't of been thinking that because I had a boyfriend at the time but I did! I couldn't help it! (oh and just so you know he was in there to be a tutor not to have one! haha) We instantly became friends, We started going to lunch together in Lances BIG BLUE BOAT CAR! Then Lance asked me to go to "El Cheapo" which was a dance that you tried to spend the least amount possible. We really didn't try to keep it that cheap because we went bowling at DUKES LANE then had some ice cream at cold stone then we all went to the dance. Lance and I were slow dancing and he leaned down and kissed me! I pulled away cause I was in shock and Lance just kept saying sorry because he thought I still had a boyfriend. (Which I had just broke up with because he didn't want me to hang out with my friends). After that I couldn't help but want to kiss him again so I did. :) We hung out for a few more days then we started to lose each other because we didn't have class together anymore. Before I knew it we weren't talking to each other. We had gone different ways.
Then one random summer night going into my Junior year I decided to text my friend Lance to see what he had been up to and he ended up coming over to my house to watch a movie. All I remember about that night was a bloody nose. Haha! After that night we stopped talking to each other again. I got a boyfriend and Lance got a girlfriend, so it would of been weird for us to talk to each other.
My Senior year rolled around and I hadn't seen or heard from Lance in about a year and a half. I started hanging out with my friend Kailee Olson come to find out that Lance was dating her older sister. It was weird because one day I just walked into Kailee's house and Lance was right in front of me. All these flash backs of the good times we had started to come back to me. I couldn't even get words out to say anything so I just kept walking. That whole year I don't think I said one word to Lance because I knew I probably would of said something dumb and total embarrass myself.
Another year rolled around and still hadn't talked to Lance. It was a Sunday so I was bored sitting on facebook and noticed it was Lance's birthday so I thought I would tell him happy birthday maybe it will start a conversation. Well my plan worked! Lance and I spend the whole summer together! We had so many adventures that I will never forget. One of my favorite ones was four wheeling and he let me drive. I almost killed us! Everyone thought we were a couple but we were just best friends because I didn't want to start anything before I left to school in St. George. The summer went by so fast before I knew it I was off to school and once again Lance and I stopped talking! It was all my fault! I made a whole semester in St. George and wanted to come back home to my friends and family. I loved it in St. George but I really missed not being able to see my family whenever I wanted. My family is my WORLD!!! Even though I had moved back I still had not talked to my best friend Lance! He was not happy with me because I just up and left and left him hanging. I really didn't blame him for not wanting to talk to me.
Another random day I was checking my facebook and a message popped up, it was from Lance!!! It was a message telling me that he missed his best friend and wanted to start hanging out again! :) I was so happy! I read the message to my mom and she could tell I was super happy! Lance and I were best friends again! We started hanging out and going on dates! Lance had talked about being more then friends but I was too scared to take that step because I didn't want to lose my best friend again. Then March 30, 2011 happened, I had came home from a long day at work and I went down to change out of my dress clothes into sweats.When I opened to door to my room there was a big bouquet of Gerber daisy's (my favorite flower) with a note that said "I LOVE YOU" and a CD. I had no idea who there were from and then as I was listen to the CD the song "My Best Friend" by Tim McGraw came on and I knew it was my best friend Lance. I could not get the smile of my face, I was the happiest girl! My mom was even crying because she knew that Lance was the one for me! April 2nd was the day Lance and Kenzie became lovers! We have been with each other everyday ever since. I love Lance Troy Houghton!
 We have had our ups and downs. We seen each other through the bad and the good. We have been each others shoulder to cry. We have made each other laugh to the point that we're crying. We have been each others everything and so much more! I will always love my best friend! I am never going to leave him! He is stuck with me for the rest of his life! I hope he can handle me! :)
Fishing with Lance 2010

Fishing once again!

Camping with Lancer 2010
Fiesta Days
Jazz Game!
Four Wheeling Trip (the one I almost killed us)
Watching Dustin play softball
Matching Sweatshirts
Playing catch on Lances shoulders

No comments:

Post a Comment